Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Paradise has it's Drawbacks

P217

A letter to the creatures who are free-loading in our apartment:

To the many ants that show up in your countless parades of labor, I used to feel bad about killing you. But now that the can of Raid is always near, it's almost a game to see where the next line will be. I suggest you give your queen a rest and find a new dwelling to invade.

Dear Gecko, although you and your offspring are pretty gross looking with your tan-ish body, as long as we have the same goal of keeping the apartment bug free, I will let you continue to reside with us. Can you save us 15%?

Dear Mosquitos, you are the everlasting thorn in my side and quite literally make people question if I have the chicken pox, mumps, measles or another communicable disease (see above photo). I will never underestimate you since just one of your clan was able to get my hand, face and arm in my sleep under a fan on full blast. Although you are somewhat DEET resistant, I am fully prepared for numerous reapplications. Bring it on!

Sincerely,
Yours Truly

No comments: