After completing the project in Kewnia, I (Weatherly) went with the missions team to the deaf orphanage, as JM was busy in the jungle. We laid new floors for a desperately needed new building. While the deaf orphanage is not a part of International Orphanage Union, we often help them with projects and certain needs as they do not have much (or any) support from the States. The orphanage is run by Bolivians, who divide the campus into a girls and boys home, each with house parents. The campus is a beautiful plot of land, about 30 minutes from Cochabamba. The orphanage needs about $30,000 for new building as one of the dormitories is becoming dilapitated. If you know of a church or special interests group who would like to help, please let me know!
The team from Church of the Good Shepard all decided to purchase some new hats, after everyone got pretty burned in Kewina.
Preparing the floors for new concrete.
The manly men with the concrete mixer!
Aren't these kids darling? Even though I did not know sign language, it's amazing how much we could still communicate. I never realized how much charades is a life skill :)
On the campus, they have chickens, ducks, rabbits, a calf (who likes to be pet like dog), a puppy, and sheep. I was taught all of the signs for the animals.
Laying the concrete floors.
Some amazing women at work :)










No comments:
Post a Comment