Monday, March 31, 2008

The Imitators

If imitation is the highest form of flattery then my family must be all about flattering one another! We are truly a family of copycats. Here are just some of a few examples. First, John Mark and I decide on a paint color for our bedroom in Florida. Great color called "Blue Fox" from Behr paints at Home Depot. Next thing I know, my sister Ivey is using it in her nursery and my parents have it in their guest bedroom. As for cars, JM and I were second to last in line of a series of Toyota Highlanders. It started with my mom buying one when they first came out in 2001. Great car that was then passed down to my sister Leslie. My parents bought a used one for Ivey and Leslie and Ivey traded Highlanders. Next, John Mark buys one. Then my mom bought a new one and gave the old one to my brother James. So now, we have a collection of 5 Highlanders in all. Next it was cameras! Ivey bought a great Cannon SLR and Leslie then bought the same model. James bought an awesome Fujifilm point-and-shoot and I bought John Mark the same camera for his birthday. Just this weekend I bought a Nikon and my mother called me today telling me she also bought a Nikon. She loves the fact that we can use each other's lens! I really have to stand back and laugh that we all end up having the same things! So either we all have good taste or we're that family everyone talks about...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You forgot all the Mac computers in the family!

Weatherly said...

Thought about it....of course really I could go on and on!