Saturday, May 31, 2008

The Ultimate Tease

The ultimate tease is law school graduation, because even though you have put in three years of crazy hard work, the greatest test is after graduation...the bar!

For those of you in to blog-stalking or just keeping up, I apologize for nothing being posted on this blog for a good long time! In April, the craziness of finals started and this May I have been short on time as well due to graduation and bar prep. As mentioned in my earlier blogs, I have decided to take the VA bar and will join thousands of others this July 29th and 30th in Roanoke, VA praying that our last 3 years have prepared us for this ultimate exam.

Law school graduation was great! John Mark and I were in Florida with my parents, his mom and her new husband. We were able to see my law school friends for all the graduation festivities and John Mark was awesome in setting up a large dinner to see all of our church and Jacksonville friends (aka non-law school people). It was a very busy weekend, but we really got to see most everyone, even for a bit, so we were very pleased.

However, in coming back to town, I had to start my summer long bar prep session that Monday. Honestly I was exhausted from the travels and it made for a very rude awakening that led to a couple of break-down moments, but since the tears, the determination has set in. Speaking of, it is high time I get back to my studies! In sum, (I use that phrase alot in my essay writing) graduation was wonderful, but my ultimate challenge has just started. I hope to periodically post, but in case you don't see anything new on this blog site until August, you now know why. Thanks to everyone thus far for the encouragement! Please keep JM and I in your prayers, especially on test days!

2 comments:

kelly said...

hang in there weatherly! i can only imagine this feels like the longest home stretch ever!!!
we thought of you guys last week when we were in amelia island. we flew in & out of jacksonville & wished we could have seen you guys!

Ginny said...

Hey, Weatherly. I took the Alabama bar Summer of 2006 and I passed (if I can do it you can do it)!! I spent the entire summer studying non-stop. You are a determined girl and will do just fine. I will be thinking about you!