Thank you for the encouragement and prayers! Over this last week I have come to the realization that God is not drama-free and neither is pursuing Him. I was recently thinking about the Christmas story. I know I take it for granted that Christ was born in Bethlehem in a stable. But when I think more about the story...the realization of it, it is interesting to ponder.
First, an Angel of the Lord came to Mary telling her she was going to give birth to the Son of God. Amazing, but Joseph was not there. In fact, upon learning of her pregnancy, he was getting ready to privately "divorce" her until an angel appeared to him. Then there was the census and I'm pretty sure that traveling to Bethlehem very pregnant and on a donkey was not the same as loading up the car for a road trip. And then they arrive at Bethlehem to have nothing available to them except a stable. I can only image that Joseph was thinking "Please Lord, we are having Your child and we really need a nice, clean place to stay." But God had another plan....that included His Son being born in the lowest of the low. Not exactly a earthly king's birth.
And yet, even through all that hardship, it was perfect! Exactly what God planned. And I love the fact that even in the midst of this battle, upon Christ's birth, the heavens bursts in praise and song: Glory to God on the Highest and On Earth Peace, Goodwill to Men!
1 comment:
I really admire your optimistic attitude...I know it must be difficult, but God is with you and has a plan. Prayers! Love y'all, D
Post a Comment