So I've decided that I am not a "good" blogger. I procrastinate and then have to catch up. I don't write little cute entries, I wait and write novels that I am surprised anyone would read all the way through. So with all of this in mind I will try to be brief in this entry and break it out a little more.
The last month has been a whirlwind of blessings and disappointments. While working the campaign I realized I was feeling a little funny, but thought it was nothing more that working super crazy hours and my body responding to stress. Turns out, after a little test, that I found out I was pregnant. Wow! Not what we were expecting! In fact, I seriously had to do some research to see how far along I was...that's how busy things were working for McCain-Palin!
John Mark's company was in open enrollment so we put me on his insurance asap. We had a wait a bit for the insurance to kick in so on December 2, at which I was 11 weeks we had our first doctor's appointment. Long story short...there was no heartbeat. I was sent to all kinds of imaging places and numerous appointments for the same conclusion, we had miscarried at almost 7 weeks, but my body was holding on to everything. Medically it is called a "missed abortion." So my treatment options were surgery or tablets to induce contractions. I choose the tablets and JM was able to work from home the following Monday to make sure I was ok. It was a sweet time of grieving together, but unfortunately the pills were not effective. Back to the doctor's office where they decided to schedule me for a D&C surgery the next day.
Thankfully, my sister Leslie was already scheduled to come into town since we won't get to see each other this Christmas holiday. It should also be mentioned that Leslie is an Emergency Department nurse so I was in extra good hands and JM could save his vacation days for Christmas. Leslie and I were up Thursday night chatting online with my sister Ivey who decided she wanted to join us. So, in true Ivey spirit, she bought a plane ticket that night, flew in Friday morning and took a cab to the hospital, and arrived about 20 minutes before I was wheeled into the OR. The doctors were pretty impressed and confused at her arrival...Ivey is 32 weeks pregnant and just walked on in with her suitcases.
I was told my procedure went well and am very thankful for the support of my sisters. This last weekend we laid low...I promised them DC is usually alot more fun! But we did get to take advantage of Georgetown Cupcake and frozen greek yogurt from Sweet Green so we were all happy! I am still recovering and taking it slowly. JM and I are going through bouts of mourning and then being fine...it's kind of unpredictable at this point. We are not sure what the future holds for us, but are taking comfort that God is good and has an amazing plan for us. I am hoping to hear about a job I interviewed for soon, but above all, am praying God's will for us right now.

3 comments:
weath! i'm so very sorry for your loss. wow, what a trial these past several weeks must have been for you guys. it sounds like you are feeling the full spectrum of feelings that go along w/ grief & most importantly, allowing yourself these feelings. we had a miscarriage a few months ago & a couple of my friends went through this recently & we agreed that our best advice is to allow yourself to feel all & everything you are feeling. oh, & chocolate works wonders :)
love to you & sweet jm - please know we're thinking of you.
Weatherly...
I'm so sorry for your loss. What a blessing to have your sweet sisters there by your side. What an amazing support system you have. I will keep you in my prayers this Christmas!
Weatherly - I will be praying for you and JM during this time. You are right...God does have a plan for you...it's just frustrating when He doesn't let you in on it! Merry Christmas to you!
Post a Comment