Sorry I have been MIA for the last month. God has been challenging me with various twists and turns of life and I think I have been avoiding sharing due to my own sense of pride. First of all, as to my health, my pathology report came back irregular after my D&C. Turns out, I may have had a partial molar pregnancy, but the doctors are not sure. Because "moles" can become cancerous, the doctors are monitoring my hormone levels for the next six months. JM and I are on strict orders not to get pregnant as chemo and babies don't mix well. The chances of cancer are low and 100% curable with chemo, but I am praying we don't have to go through any of that. The good news is that recently my hormones levels have been under a 10 so that is very promising.
However, the main reason for my blog hiatus has been the bar exam. Yes, I found out in October that I did not pass when I took it last July. Hence, my days have been back to the books and I am overwhelmed to say the least. I am taking the Virginia bar again on February 24th and 25th. As if that's not humbling enough, I also found out that my ethics exam that I passed in law school has become outdated. Therefore, a week and a half after the bar, I have to retake the standardized ethics exam on March 7th.
Besides the crazy law exams, I have just recently found out that my grandmother is dying. She has been ill for awhile, but it's looking very serious these days. I will be flying down to Dallas this next week for about 5-6 days to "cheer her up." The worst part about the situation is that I still really need to study. My oldest child tendencies to manage and help my parents have to be suppressed for the time being and it kills me. I hate how the bar exam forces me to be selfish with my time.
Even with all this, my husband has been wonderful and challenging me to see God's will and His perfect timing in all things. I wonder if this is like the blind man that Jesus heals. As Christ explains, the only reason the man was born blind was to reveal God's glory when he was healed. I am wondering if all of this is going on now so that if I do pass the bar, it will be nothing but a miracle and therefore a showing of God's glory. We will see.
Sorry for the grim report on life these days. I know we all go through our challenges, that they are good for us, and that it produces growth. However, in a very human way, I think I'm just weary and sad. Any prayer you could lift up for my family and I would be much appreciated!
Oh, and my sister, Ivey, is due this next week with her little girl, Audrey Kate. I will be very excited to meet my new niece! In other random news, I decided to get on the bandwagon and join twitter. I use it for Spotlights On... for updates on sales/discounts/etc so that I don't have to write another feature on the same product. If you want to follow it, go here. And please let me know if you are a fellow twitter-er so that I can follow you.
Hopefully, very soon, there will be much rejoicing and I will have a chance to catch-up this blog with all of my fun holiday pictures.
2 comments:
Love you Weath!!!! Sounds like a truly rough time. Keep your head up. I'll be praying for y'all.
hey weatherly - thanks so much for being open & honest. it's easy to only write about the fun stuff on a blog, but i always love hearing about ALL of my friends' lives :) first of all, i'm so sorry about the possible molar pregnancy thing. my dr thought our miscarriage was a molar, too. i remember how scary it was to sit there & listen to things like - monitor you for 6-12m, no pregnancy, chemo, cancer... you're like WHAT?????!!!! even if it is a 100% cure rate, that's so crazy to hear.
it sounds like your levels are good, though so that's a wonderful sign!!
and i'm so sorry about the bar AND that other exam - what a PAIN!! it's a good reminder that your worth is SO MUCH more than just an ability to pass a silly test or two :) being a first child, too i know that tendency to perform & i'm sure i'd feel just like you!!
i'll be thinking of you & your grandmother, too. i'm so sorry - it's so hard to say goodbye to people we love - it seems so unnatural. it seems that you've been so blessed to have her & that's a wonderful thing.
okay, sorry for writing the novel - should have just written you an email!!!
Post a Comment