Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Backyard Politics

So living in DC right now is so much fun! When it comes to politics, this city is like no other...for obvious reasons. I caught myself calling John Mark to arrange where we were going to watch the Super Tuesday count after I got out of class.

When John Mark and I decided to rent our condo, little did we know that our patio is literally right next to Hillary Clinton's campaign headquarters. Now, lets be clear- I am not a Hillary Clinton supporter, but at the same time, it is so intriguing to have her so close at times. When she is in the building, the back alley (which is what I face) lines up in black SUVs with men running around wearing earpieces. Because she was first family, she will always have secret service. Again, I am not a fan, but oh my gosh, it's fun and weird all at the same time to see secret service in your "backyard."

Just this evening I overheard clapping from outside. I ran to my patio to find out I had just missed a press conference. All of the news stations were here along with a crowd of photographers. I happened to peak out just as Hillary was escorted to her car and the crowd waived goodbye. Not bad for a backyard!

No comments: