So today I so wish I had not accidentally put my camera in the washing machine because what I saw coming out of the Metro this evening was classic! I have night classes most nights of the week from 6-8pm so when I am going to class, most people are going home. I ride the Metro to class each day (see post below) and when I get off at the Foggy Bottom/GWU Metro and head up the escalators, I am greeted by all kinds of street vendors. These vendors sell hot dogs and coffee, fake purses, interesting patterned socks, DC sweatshirts, used books and oh yes, flowers. On most days a bunch of roses (1/2 dozen) sell for $4 and come in a variety of colors. Today, however, they came only in red and were selling for $10 per half dozen. I so wish I had had a camera when I came out of the Metro today and saw at least six men in line to buy these roses. They all looked worried as bunches of flowers were disappearing with each purchase. It was classic!
In other news, I had to have some serious willpower today! I did some research on chocolate (that legal research training comes in handy) and surprised John Mark with what might be the best chocolate in the U.S. I ordered it from Candinas and cannot wait to taste it! The package arrived today when I was still home, before John Mark was home from work and there it was....the chocolate I have been so excited about! I called JM and told him that I was doing my very best not to open his Valentine's Day gift...so get home soon!
PS- went back to the Metro after class and although the red roses sold out, there was still a line of men happy to get any kind of flowers!
No comments:
Post a Comment